Photos

Filter by

Cobbalanna, the original Simpson family home where Simpsons' school also known as Mentone High School, now Mentone Girls' Grammar started, c1899.

Photograph from the book Schooldays with the Simpsons 1899-1906: The early history of Mentone Girls' Grammar School, Victoria / Fairlie Taylor A.L.A.A., p. 14; Published by S. Gordon Barnett, Tirau, New Zealand, Printed by Putaruru Press, New Zealand. [1964?]

Date:
1899

Principal of Mentone Girls' Secondary College, Miss Nina Carr, with four senior students at the school speech night.  From left Sue Fleming, Judy Blundell, Judy Dixon and Helen Isaacson.

Date:
1965
Courtesy:
Mordialloc News

St Bede's College Mentone showing the original buildings, Joseph Davies on the right and Matthew Davies on the left.

Date:
1960

Mentone Grammar school students, teachers and parents outside the building originally erected at McCristal's Mentone College, the forerunner of St.Bede's College.

Courtesy:
St Bede's College

Kilbreda College in Mentone Parade, formerly the Royal Coffee Palace, with nuns and students in front, c1906.

Date:
1906
Courtesy:
Kevin Wilson

Killara in Karkin Street Mentone, built for Percy Dobson c1840.

Date:
1840
Courtesy:
Joe Astbury

Chelsea courthouse newspaper headlines collage.

Chelsea Court House Repairs and Painting Plan no. 7.51, undated [circa 1950], VPRS 3686/P18 Public Works Department Pre-Metric Building Plans, Unit 1755.

Date:
1950

Entry for contract no. 27 for Chelsea Court House, VPRS 979/P0 Public Works Department Contract Books, Unit 54.

Date:
1928

Cell and Cycle Shelter to Police Station and New Conveniences to Court House – the Strand, Chelsea, plan no. 7.51, 6 April 1950, VPRS 3686/P18 Public Works Department Pre-Metric Building Plans, Unit 1755.

Date:
1950

Site plan for Chelsea Court House, plan no. 58/673, including details of adjacent Chelsea Police Station, and State Rivers & Water Supply Corporation building, 16 December 1958, VPRS 3686/P20 Public Works Department Pre-Metric Building Plans, Unit 2600.

Date:
1958

Proposed Court House Chelsea, 22 February 1928, Evan Smith Chief Architect, VPRS 3686/P18 Public Works Department Pre-Metric Building Plans, Unit 275.

Date:
1928

New Chelsea Court House, The Age, 5 February 1929.

Date:
1929

Melbourne and Metropolitan Board of Works Plan No. 4G1E, City of Chelsea, undated [circa 1953–1970s],
VPRS 8602/P1, Detailed Base Plans [DP] 40’=1” Alpha-numeric, Unit 1, Public Record Office Victoria.

Creator:
Unknown

Chelsea Court House, date unknown – by 1938, photographer unknown. 

Date:
1938
Creator:
Unknown

Peter and Eliza of the Westernport tribe of Bunurongs.

Date:
1870
William Thomas Guardian of the aboriginals in Westernport and Mordialloc Districts, outside a colnial hut with three adult aboriginals and one child. Shirley Joy, Early search for the Beaumaris Cemetery, 1855-1865.
Date:
1840
William Bruton, a Cheltenham pioneer.

Derrimut of the Boon-oor-ong , an oil painting by Benjamin Duterreau.

Date:
1864
John Batman signing a fraudulent contract with the tribal chiefs of the Kulin nation re land at Port Phillip. Picturesque Atlas of Australasia - 1886
Date:
1835

© 2021 Kingston Local History | Website by Weave


Aboriginal Flag

City of Kingston acknowledges the Kulin Nation as the custodians of the land on which the municipality is a part and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. Council is a member of the Inter Council Aboriginal Consultative Committee (ICACC).