Photos

Filter by

Aerial photographo of part of the Closer Settlement, now an industrial estate.

Date:
2014
Courtesy:
Campbell Nolte

Aerial view of the Industrial Estate at Braeside marked in red, Close Settlement and Woodlands Golf Club

Date:
1931

Part of the Parish of Mordialloc showing recipients of the land subdivision of Closer Settlement.

Portion of map of the Parish of Mordialloc, allotment 22, outlined in red, purchased by A McDonald.

Vita Goldstein and Cecelia Johns collecting clothes for distribution to the poor.

Rica Kirby and Connie Gardiner working on the Womens' Farm at Mordialloc

Map showing portion of the Parish of Mordialloc and the allotments in the Close Settlement.

City of Mordialloc Council building Mentone Parade Mentone, c1963.

Date:
1963
Courtesy:
Mordialloc News

Mordialloc Council Chambers, formerly the skating rink, Mentone Public Lending Library on the left, the rifle club was at the rear.

Date:
1932
Courtesy:
Patricia Smyth

s cabin of the Red Rattler Train, Special Race Day train, c1940.

Date:
1940

Mentone New Picture Theatre, corner Point Nepean and Balcombe Roads.

Horse drawn cab, as used at the Mentone Railway station to transport passengers to the Race Track, c1940.

Date:
1940

Leo Gamble, Laurie O'Toole and Neil Pickles (Curl) playing cricket in Gamble's backyard, 1947.

Date:
1947
Creator:
Leo Gamble
Courtesy:
Leo Gamble

Letter from George Groat to John Allnutt dated 17 October 1917, page 2.

Courtesy:
Dorothy Allnutt

Letter from George Groat to John Allnutt dated 17 October 1917, page 1.

Courtesy:
Dorothy Allnutt

John Allnutt in hospital at Lincoln, wounded in the foot at Pozieres France WW1.

Date:
1916

Poster for the land sale on the Charman Estate. Sydney St, Coape St. Mackenzie St.

Date:
1888
Courtesy:
City of Moorabbin

Patterson River bridge, 1988.

Patterson River bridge, Carrum bridge, opened in 1995 by Sue Wilding MLC. A four lane highway with three piers replacing five piers in the previous bridge.

Date:
2015

Patterson River road and railway bridges, Carrum, c1900.

Date:
1900

© 2020 Kingston Local History | Website by Weave


Aboriginal Flag

City of Kingston acknowledges the Kulin Nation as the custodians of the land on which the municipality is a part and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. Council is a member of the Inter Council Aboriginal Consultative Committee (ICACC).