Photos

Filter by

Fire at squash courts, Cheltenham.

Date:
1965

Bell tower for Carrum Urban Fire Brigade in Station Street Carrum, originally from Fitzroy Fire Station.

Date:
1965

Fire at Harvest Food Factory, Moorabbin.

Date:
1963

Edithvale Fire Station, Nepean Highway - showing bell tower, railway line and shopping street.

Date:
1963

Chelsea Fire Brigade on Point Nepean Road.

Date:
1963

Members of the Carrum team competing in the Flinders Urban Fire Brigades Association display, Springvale.

Date:
1963

Mentone Pre-school visit Mentone Fire Station: Brenda McNab (left) and Michele Bank with firemen Bill Stephens (left) and sub-officer R Bates.

Date:
1962

Farewell to Joe Trickey of Moorabbin Fire Station where he had been a member since 1943.

Date:
1962

Fireman’s funeral, Edithvale, c1950.

Date:
1950
Courtesy:
Arthur Rose

Fire Station and Fire House on Point Nepean Road Cheltenham. Members of the station, James Wilson, Percival Wilson, Snow Marshall, Bill Mansfield and Bill Purcell on Dennis Fire Truck, c1930.

Date:
1930
Courtesy:
Kevin Wilson
Brian Stooke holding the Victorian Police Star awarded for his action on duty, 2007.
Date:
2007
Creator:
Chris Eastman

Memorial stained glass window at Christ Church Dingley recognising contribution by William Henry Stooke.

Creator:
Paul Danaher
Cheltenham Methodist Church, Charman Road, where William (Harry) Stooke and Ella Matilda Allnutt were married in 1922.
Courtesy:
David Reynolds

Sketch map showing location of the farms of John, Harry, and George Stooke in Heatherton, 1973.

Date:
1973
Courtesy:
Lois Reynolds

Princes Bridge and the Yarra River, Melbourne, 1888.

Date:
1888

Past pupils of Braeside School celebrate 60th anniversary of the school. From left: Mrs. Winifred Clancy, Mrs. Betty McCormick and Mrs. Jean Fischer and former teacher Mrs. Ella Bishop with headmaster Mr. Ron Bradfield.

Date:
1975

Cheltenham State School, Charman Road. Old students under pine trees with school buildings in background, 1936.

Date:
1936

Christ Church, Anglican Church, Dingley from land originally owned by Mary Attenborough and given to the church on her death. Crop of Dutch carrots. Land worked by Mitchell Bros at this time and originally used as a horse paddock.

Date:
1970
Courtesy:
Jean Mitchell

Highett General Store and Newsagency, Reynolds & Company, opposite Highett railway station. Shows truck from Llewellyn Bros Carrier and loaded horse wagon. People in photograph unknown.

Date:
1925
Courtesy:
John Brooks

Students from Mentone Grammar School watch Mr R Chatterton operate a linotype machine at Standard Newspapers.

Date:
1964

Aboriginal Flag

City of Kingston acknowledges the Kulin Nation as the custodians of the land on which the municipality is a part and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. Council is a member of the Inter Council Aboriginal Consultative Committee (ICACC).