Search articles and photos:
Carrum icon Norm Stephens is now immortalised in Station St after the completion of an art piece at Atticus Health.
Synonymous with the Mornington Peninsula is Trigger Brothers - a surfing powerhouse with its roots originally in Haldane St, Bonbeach.
A legacy of horse racing pedigree is tied closely to Carrum and Keast Park, where training continues today on Port Phillip Bay's shoreline.
The opening of a local court house in Chelsea on 4 February 1929 was a triumph for the local Borough of Carrum councillors who had campaigned for a dedicated building for many years.
Victoria's largest marina had a tenacious Robert Jackson at the helm during the development of Patterson Lakes.
Roy Dore and his daughter Marie McIntosh are two Carrum champions. Both were heavily committed to local organisations. Roy’s prolific involvement included captain of the Carrum Fire Brigade and president of the Carrum Surf Saving Club. Marie completed three terms as mayor of the City of Chelsea.
Facebook has become an important vehicle for communication between people. Many of these sites focus on local history and authors share their knowledge and seek greater understanding of events and connections between people. Sometimes the answers are misinformed or contain unsubstantiated judgements.
James Coffey who was born in Melbourne on 15 June 1842, joined the Victorian Railways at 35 years of age in 1877 and served as a railwayman in several locations in Victoria. Prior to joining the railways, he worked at several mining locations surrounding Ballarat and beyond. His final appointment in the railways was to Mentone where he served for nine years.
In 2019 the last kindergarten session was held at Highett Preschool, and the building was decommissioned. For generations of local families, over the course of 64 years, the preschool at 3 Station Street Highett had provided a place for learning and connecting with others.
Charles and Mary Fiander (Pimm) a newly married couple arrived in Melbourne in 1887. On 1891 they rented a house in Dalgetty Road Beaumaris. Charles was a successful engraver who died at 30 years of age in 1892. A plaque was placed in St Matthew’s Church, Cheltenham in his memory. Mary was a widow at 25 years with five boys under the age of seven. She is buried with Charles in the Cheltenham Pioneer Cemetery.